The health, welfare and safety of our guests and employees is paramount at the Santa Cruz Hotel Group. The COVID-19 health crisis has had a tremendous impact on families, communities and businesses around the world. With your safety and satisfaction at the heart of our organiztion, we are working diligently to support you during this challenging time.
Please note: Per California Department of Public Health requirements, all guests and staff are required to wear a mask/face covering when entering any common space within our hotel. These areas include, but are not limited to: the lobby, fitness room, guest laundry room, interior hallways, and elevators (if applicable). Guests who are currently experiencing COVID-19 symptoms (similar to the flu) should not enter these areas unless instructed to do so by hotel staff.
COVID-19 Response Plan and Training
- As per California guidance on the reopening of hotels, we have implemented a worksite specific plan.
- Procedures are in place to investigate any instance of COVID-19 found in the workplace, and report that information to County health officials.
- Training has been provided to all staff regarding our COVID-19 response plan and all chemicals and safety equipment provided.
- All employees are required to self-screen for COVID-19 symptoms prior to reporting for work each day. Employees with symptoms are instructed remain home.
- Additional, frequent cleaning is being conducted in all high-traffic areas.
- Commonly used surfaces are being frequently disinfected.
- Shared equipment is being sanitized between uses.
- Hand sanitizer is readily available to all employees. Hand sanitizer is provided to guests in all common areas.
- All products used to sanitize surfaces and equipment are on the EPA Approved List. This list identifies products which are effective against COVID-19.
- Additional time has been allocated to staff to allow for cleaning of all guest rooms and common areas.
- Re-usable collateral has been removed from your guest room. This includes items such as the memo pad, pen, advertising information, and certain decorative items such as throw pillows. The guest directories in your room are disinfected during the room cleaning process.
- Quarantine and Disinfecting protocols have been implemented on rooms where COVID-19 positive guests are known to have stayed.
Physical Distancing Protocols
- All staff and guests are encouraged to maintain at least six feet of distance from each other at all times. This is particularly important when inside an enclosed space.
- All common areas should be used by one guest at a time unless otherwise noted. The lobby, guest laundry room, and fitness room are included.
- Items being delivered to rooms will utilize a “contact-less” delivery procedure.
- Staff may not enter your room while you are inside under any circumstances. This includes cleaning and maintenance issues. If you experience a maintenance issue, please provide the front desk with a time when our employees may enter your room while you are away.
- Until further notice, all stay-over housekeeping services are suspended. If you need additional toiletries, shampoo, soaps, or fresh towels please contact the front desk. These items may be available for pickup in the lobby, or may be delivered to your room (depending on staff availability).
- The breakfast room is currently closed. Grab and Go breakfast bags with expanded offerings are currently available for pick up each morning. Please ask the front desk for more information.
- The pool and hot tub are currently closed. We are investigating ways to open these facilities in a way that will comply with guidance from the State of California and our county health officials.